Well, I can't blame it all on technical gremlins: first there were about 5 months of distraction that included the final preparations for presenting my malaria research at a conference, a month's "R&R" leave in the US, the usual difficulties getting re-adjusted to life in Dushanbe, two international trips sprinkled in there, and, most distractingly, working full time at a formal job (!!) since late January.
Then, when I finally tried to resurrect the blog, I found that I had some kind of still-undiagnosed local technological problem viewing "West to the Orient," or frankly any other blog on Blogspot.
So I moved the blog to a new location, and I am now trying to come up with a strategy for what to write and how to bring it all up to date. The new address is west2orient.wordpress.com.
I'm even going to post something new there today, so if you see this (and I will let those who I know were reading it earlier know separately about the move and the reawakening), please visit! Hope to bring readers up to date with reports on the (rest of the) Pamirs, the US, Dushanbe in winter, various work field trips to the field in rural Tajikistan, Dushanbe in spring, and Thailand. See you on the flipside!
AHA Member Spotlight: Silvia Escanilla Huerta
6 hours ago